|The Island of Sodor: Its People, History and Railways|
|Author|| Wilbert Awdry|
|Publication date|| 1987 (original)|
|Published by||Kaye and Ward Heinemann|
| Preceded by|
| Followed by|
- The Three Sir Topham Hatts: Sir Topham Hatt I, Sir Charles Topham Hatt and Sir Stephen Topham Hatt.
- Shane Dooiney's name is revealed in this book for the first time
- The first and only mention of the "Coffee Pots". Apparently, they were withdrawn when their line became Thomas' Branch Line and scrapped.
- The Sodor and Mainland Railway Numbers 1 and 3 are mentioned for the first and only time.
- The names of some of Sodor's kings are only mentioned in this book.
- History, Geography and Industry for Sodor discussed in far greater depth from the books themselves.
- Background information on people, places, railways and engines in the Railway Series come from this book.