Mr. Kevin Volley is the oldest surviving employee on the North Western Railway and was born in 1903 at Ffarquhar. He was described as "a sprightly old gentleman with a fund of reminiscence about early days on the Ffarquhar Branch. It's doubtful that he's still alive and his name is mentioned in The Island of Sodor: Its People, History and Railways.
- 1915 - He joins the railway as a lad/porter at Knapford, aged twelve years old.
- 1921 - He is promoted to porter at Knapford, aged eighteen years old.
- 1927 - Later appointed as booking clerk at Elsbridge, aged twenty-four years old.
- 1936 - Promoted to stationmaster at his birthplace of Ffarquhar, aged thirty-three years old.
- 1956 - Takes the stationmaster's position at Knapford, aged fifty-three years old.
- 1960 - Takes the stationmaster's position at Cronk, aged sixty-three years old.
- 1962 - Retires as stationmaster at the age of sixty-five years old.
- 1987 - His name is last and only mentioned in The Island of Sodor: Its People, History and Railways. He was eighty-seven years old.